- Opération Rehabilitation
- Maitrise d'ouvrage George V - SNC MRS Joliette
- Maitrise d'oeuvre Eric Castaldi
- Surface 80000 m²
- Livraison 2002
- Owner Jp Morgan Asset Management / Constructa Asset Management
- Manager PACA Region South, French ministry of culture
- Start of works 1992
- Businesses 250
- Employees 3000
The docks building was built between 1856 and 1866, based on the drawings by Paulin Talabot, assisted by Gustave Desplaces. It was used to store port goods. The building measures 365 m long, 37 m wide and 30 m high. Dock industrial activity ceased in 1988. Restoration of the building into offices began on 5 May 1992, under the influence of Georges V, and today it is Nexity. With 250 companies set up there, the docks are fully occupied today.
The docks and warehouses marked the great revival of Marseilles in the 19th Century. One hundred and fifty years later, they are again at the heart of Marseilles: symbolic, indestructible, unmissable.